Saturday, February 4, 2017

Mommy Monday's-- DIY is happening!


Good morning readers & happy Monday. Today I am bringing you all a couple of my DIY projects from over the weekend. We are home for a few more weeks and I really wanted to complete some projects I had on my "to do list." My main focus has been Logan's room. We moved to our new home in May 2016 and then headed overseas at the end of summer. Life was extremely hectic and we decided to leave Logan's room "blank." Logan had a bed and really nothing on the walls. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with his room, actually. He's growing so fast and his likes are changing so much. From legos, to trucks and then to sports. What could I do with his room?

We decided to go neutral. Decorate, but not really with a theme, so we did sections. Logan's room has been my project since we got back a couple weeks ago and I have finally got most of it together.

Reading Station
Bed
Art Wall
Decor

We do not keep toys in Logan's room. He is a very active guy and will play all night if he has access to toys. We allow books and when I get him up in the mornings he is usually paging through one. Logan has a play room that he can go to throughout the day.

So, I had a blank canvas and this is what we did!

His reading station: We purchased this book station last summer from amazon. Logan can sit in his chair or the floor and read. I actually did the canvas prints DIY. I simply used 8 x 10 canvas boards, art paint, and permanent marker.


Bed: 
Logan currently sleeps in a toddler bed and we have kept the walls blank on purpose because....drumrolllll....












We've decided on a loft style bed for Logan this summer. This is a great transitional bed because since he is small it can be flat on the ground with a twin size mattress and as he gets older, has friends over, does sleep overs, etc. we can raise the bed up and put a mattress underneath, have toys or games under, or even as he's a little older a desk or workstation. We are super excited and hope Logan loves it! The bed only comes in the pine wood color but I have chosen a navy/gray color to paint it with.
















Art Wall:
So I LOVE the idea of having Logan's art displayed. I really loved this DIY art display and love how it turned out in his room.

I used 3 yard sticks ($1 from Home Depot), Wood paint in white, dark wood clothes pins (Hobby Lobby $2.99 and a 40% off coupon), and I printed a Picasso quote from Pinterest and placed it in a frame we had.




































Decor: 
I didn't want to overwhelm his room but I did a small little gallery section on the main wall & kept it simple.



















Logan's clothes are all stored in his closet which is pretty big. I have this incredible fear of dressers out in the open, that they will fall over and crush him (I know I am nuts); so we just do attached shelving inside the closet.

I think his room will be perfect after he gets his bed in! Can't wait. The DIY projects weren't hard at all and I really had a good time doing them. I loved the art display so much, I did one for the bar in the dining room.

We had these prints & signs already from Michaels craft store, and I just added the yard stick with clothes pin and printed drink recipes from Pinterest. Love how it all came together.




















If you haven't figured out my love for gallery walls yet, let me show you some around the house. I love having pictures everywhere and love filling our spaces with galleries.
















1. Right as you exit the stairs to the second floor
2. The living room black and white gallery
3. The master bedroom gallery in the sitting area.


Thanks for tuning in today as I shared a little of our home. I always feel like home is such a safe place so I don't share many identifying pictures and Ive never shared the outside of our home. But I absolutely adore our home and it finally, room by room is coming together!

xo
-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment