Saturday, January 21, 2017

Motivational Monday's--my 3 month journey!

Good morning readers & happy Monday!!! We are finally settling back into a normal routine after coming home. Logan had to get used to his room & his routines here in Texas & also adjust with sleep & naps. I'm a big believer in naps & Mr. Logan had REFUSED a nap everyday since coming home to the USA. This mama bear was in a slight panic because I am NOT ready to give up naps, and Logan is a grouch by 5pm without one!
Thankfully he was just adjusting back to schedule & was excited I think, because once we started back with  school and activities he was back to sleeping 12-2pm for nap. Phew! :) 

Anyways, now that we are all settled & I took my body measurements I decided to share. I got a ton of feedback. Some positive & a few negative...really, it never fails that someone on the Internet is so mean!!! But moving on. A lot of people asked me exactly what I did & so today I am sharing with you all what worked for me. 

Here's some background....

When I left to go overseas I was working on my annual holiday workout guide & then my quarterly juice detox. I also held a challenge group for women who were wanting to lose weight. I have been pretty proud of my progress since having Logan but I really got ahead of myself thinking it would be a little easier to lose all the weight and gain back my muscle post partum.

The first year we took several fun vacations, had lots of family time, explored a lot of a new country, we just relaxed & enjoyed parenting. I did workout & did a lot of cardio...I lost the baby weight. This was good, but I didn't have my muscle back at all. I lacked energy & strength! 

The second year, I worked out more, got stronger, but still held onto body fat & not the best nutrition. Logan was in school & we had our nanny, so we had lots of alone time for date nights & new restaurants!!! We ate a lot!! And of course Zo stayed fit, but I struggled more. 

Fast forwarding to this past fall, before Logan turned two, I said I really wanted to focus on ME & my body! I wanted to be completely happy with myself! So what better way to help myself than to incorporate my business with my personal? I can be my own advertisement. I can practice what I preach! So that's what I did! 

September/October----Juice detox (every week for 2 days a week) & my 6 weeks to slim program. 

November---5 weeks of my Fall into Fitness program (3 days of the juice detox) 

December---stay fit holiday challenge (mixed up all 15 workouts & food plan) 

January-- 5 day restart (a mix of juicing & healthy eating) ---I did this for 2 weeks.

So what happened after 3 months?

---I was down 8 pounds (I fluctuate 1-3 pounds everyday depending on my workouts, water intake, etc; so this is the average of the loss. CW: 133) 


---I lost 12 inches. This was really great because I lost 2.5 inches in my waist AND 3 inches in my hips! This was big because my hips expanded almost a FOOT when I was pregnant with Logan. I got pretty wide & I struggled with that. Both my grandmothers have wide hips & I figured it was heriditary, and while some of it is, I didn't have to have that much hip, I could lose some. My hips are now -1 inch from when I got pregnant. The rest of the inches came off in my thighs (which I wanted) & in my arms & chest. Although I didn't need to lose any in my chest, it was inevitable the way my body is shaped, and that works for me. 

---I lost 4% body fat! I'm still hoping to lose another 3% body fat so I'll be working hard on that! 


I still want to increase my ab strength and have a 6 pack again, and I would be ok losing 2-3 more pounds & gaining it back in muscle; but I'm extremely happy with my results!! 

Clients always ask me does it work? How do you feel on the plan? Etc.... There's no perfect way to tell you, it's much better to just show you! 

I'm not super cut up or just so amazingly fit, but I'm happy & healthy. I'm reaching all my goals, I'm seeing the results, I'm feeling the energy & I am more confident. That's a winning combo in my books! 

I love fitness, I study fitness, and I live fitness. I have a business that I openly talk about. I won't message you every week to try my workouts or programs, I won't email you everyday or post every day on my personal page. I have a business Facebook page & I post on my Instagram some days. If you are ever interested, just ask. I would LOVE to share more. This simply works! Eating correctly with the right portions & combinations of foods, working out but not killing yourself in the gym just works!!! So I'm sharing today, won't share another post tomorrow or the next day, my whole life incorporates more than just fitness :) , but I AM ALWAYS available if you want to know more. 


So cheers to being your best in 2017 & please feel free to reach out with any questions! 





***all of my programs available are listed on my website***
lifeofabballwife.com


-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment