Thursday, August 25, 2016

Where the Williams family is headed & why God has His hand in it all.

Hey hey hey!!!! The Williams family is happy to announce that we will be heading to Panevezys, Lithuania this season!! We are super excited to be heading back across the ocean & playing in the Lithuanian League as well as the Eurocup International Competition. 



Zo will be entering into his TENTH year playing professionally overseas. This is a huge accomplishment & I am so very proud of him. Basketball has taken Zo many places in the world, he has worked so very hard to be the best point guard he can be, play unselfishly, create a great offense, create open shots for his teammates, score, rebound & assist as a team leader. 



Zo has recieved many awards over the years but he is our MVP every year!! We are so proud of Zo & look forward to this seasons adventures & success. 


I think the best part about Zo signing is I get my Starbucks back & my fast is ending....just kidding, kind of! This fast has lasted 45 days. (if you aren't sure about the fast I am talking about, take a look at my blog post a few posts back). Spiritual fasting is always great, it helps me re-focus on what is important, it helps me draw closer to Christ & work on personal things that I desire to improve. But it is NOT easy! It is tuff having girls night out & not enjoying my glass of wine, having coffee business meetings but not enjoying the Starbucks, no bread, no soda----i LOVE coke zero. But whats more important is taking those things away & replacing them with prayer, meditation, reading my Bible, or just saying a prayer of thanks. 

You see, let me tell you whats really amazing....

8 years ago (almost to the exact date) I was in this place, I was in Lithuania.



It was under some very different circumstances & if you know me or have known me, you know that it was the hardest, darkest time of my life. I was fighting for my life, I was escaping heartache, pain, frustration, anger, depression...you name it. My life wasn't much of a life & I was sick & miserable. 


But see, thats GOD. 

How many of you have ever heard of this country Lithuania? Even know where it is on the map? Know how to spell it before I wrote it? The answer to all of those is probably NO. 

It is a small country that you would probably never take a tourist trip to & for sure wouldn't visit multiple times. It is a hidden gem though; gorgeous, and on the sea, it is unique, with character & the scenery is so pretty. But you could explore the entire country in one trip. 

But see, thats GOD.

Here I am, 8 years later... GOING BACK!!!! To this country of 3 million people. God is funny that way. He took me full circle. I came 8 years ago, broken & without hope. Now i am returning with an amazing husband, precious baby boy & a grateful & happy heart. 

But see, thats GOD. 

He will mold you, change you, shape you, push you & LOVE YOU
He will allow you to bend, twist, turn, fall, flip but NEVER BREAK
He will allow you to go through the storm, the wind, the hail, the tornado but never to be DESTROYED

THAT IS GOD.

That is our amazing heavenly Father. Although, this year isn't about me, it is ALL about Zo; this is his job, his passion, his heart. But I KNOW that God gave this season to us both. I know that this will be a beautiful reunion. I cannot wait to get back on this beach, I cannot wait to fall on my knees and say THANK YOU! 

Thank you for the deliverance.
Thank you for the forgiveness.
Thank you for the 2nd chance.
Thank you for new beginnings.
Thank you for change.
Thank you for challenges & growth.
Thank you Lord for showing me that nothing is by chance, nothing is coincidence, nothing that I go through is lost. It is all a lesson, a stepping point, a chance to grow & become better.

I thought 8 years ago that life was over...

But see, that's God. 

See you all on the other side of the ocean. We are so grateful for the support of our dear friends & family. Zo has had some setbacks out of his control the past 2 years & he is so deserving of this opportunity. We are so grateful for it all. 

-Zo, Mo, & Lo



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this!!! Even when we don't understand why we are going through what we do in that time, God always has a plan! Be blessed love and congrats on 10 years!!! That's quite an accomplishment!!!

    Xoxo,
    Britt

    www.JustBeingBritt.com

    ReplyDelete