Sunday, August 14, 2016

Mommy Mondays- an update on #loganslearning & summer activities

Good morning readers & happy Monday!! I know that many of you have emailed me & this will sort of be a repeat of information but I just wanted to update everyone & play catch up today on Mommy Mondays! If you follow along on the blog or on instagram #loganslearning is the hashtag I use when I am showing an activity, learning game, ideas for learning, etc. Lately, we haven't had many of those & I wanted to let you know why. ITS SUMMER!!! Simple as that....

Our sweet Logan has become incredibly independent, a wild child, a free spirit & a LOVER of outdoors. (much to my husbands dislike of 100 degree weather, lol). We have tried to embrace this in our sweet boy & give him as much play time outdoors as we can. His energy is beyond me, his determination is incredible & his love for the word "no tanks" (no thanks) is ridiculous. My sweet Logan has changed so much this summer. His personality is really blooming & I have tried my best to incorporate learning by allowing him to lead it. So, what does this mean...

Well, this summer we have been working on colors, shapes, numbers & letters. I have found that Logan is more memorizing colors on the flashcards & doesn't fully grasp what "colors" really are quite yet, so I have had less focus on those for the moment. We are still doing our indoor learning time & i have found the best time is after his afternoon nap. We are coloring with crayons & colored pencils (he is right handed---mom & dad are both left handed), he is coloring pre-printed sheets that have numbers & shapes & animals on them, we are singing & dancing, & doing some motor activities in the game room. Beyond our indoor learning, we are exploring different items in the parks & museums. We are learning about animals at the zoo, we travel through the grocery store saying our items & counting fruits & vegetables. At home, logan takes plates to the sink, puts condiments in the fridge, throws things in the trash & helps check the mail.

We have tried to help Logan's vocabulary expand by repeating everything & explaining to him when we do things. He is starting to talk so much & even though we don't understand it all, its pretty exciting!

We will be starting a new homeschool curriculum that is Bible based in October. This will help get our indoor structure back as we head back to Europe & fall/winter creeps back in. I really enjoyed our learning this summer & i really am looking forward to what all he will learn in year 2!!!

Look out for lots of #loganslearning hashtags @princeljw on Instagram as Logan heads back to the little desk :) arts, crafts, and learning ideas on the way.

Have a great week!
-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment