Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Bittersweet goodbye


Good morning readers! Today's post isn't a motivational or mommy post, just simply what has been on my heart for a bit. We are preparing to head back to Lithuania to be reunited with hubby & Logan's sweet da-da. We have had a wonderful time being in the states & have loved avoiding the many snow storms that have been in Lithuania in our absence. 

We will head back to 50 degree weather which is completely do-able & Logan will have his outdoor time back overseas! We have missed Zo so much & are excited to get to him, although we will miss our friends & family again for another 3 months. 

I saw so many people I love & care about since I've been home, friends & family. Some I haven't seen in years, some just a few months of absence. Some I talk to all the time, some that we just randomly chat. Regardless, I was so happy to visit & enjoy time with all those people. 

I also missed a lot of friends & family. Lots of people I didn't get to see, for whatever the reasons were. This is where this lifestyle gets me sometimes. I miss old friends, I miss the normalcy sometimes that allows me to be in the same country for friends marriages, births of their children, birthday parties, girls night outs, etc. 

I miss out on so much at home, that when I am actually physically back...it's not the same & those relationships aren't either. It hurts a bit, it's frustrating a bit, and both my husband & I have that experience. 

So today I am saying this....

"I miss you, we miss you, we wish we were there, wish we could see you, hope to see you soon, be kind & patient with us." 

To all of those I didn't see while I was home, to all of those my husband rarely sees at all, it's tuff for us & we truly are sad that sometimes we have to "miss" life. 

Our lifestyle is a blessing, it brings some of our greatest adventures & happiness, but it also is a tuff balance & we recognize & acknowledge that. This life has allowed Zo to live his dreams for 10 years & that's incredible. This is not a post or complaint on our lifestyle, we are so blessed & thankful; we simply recognize as the years go by that missing life away from friends & family is extremely hard. 

I am mama bear & a wife & that takes most of my time. When I'm away from my husband, I'm still mama bear & I don't always get the extra time to see people & do things while I am home. I'm so happy we made this trip, we needed it! But I'm sorry if we missed you this round & please look out for our return in June, we can't wait! 

-Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment