Thursday, August 3, 2017

Where in the world is the Williams family?---New season


















Hello everybody! I figured I would write a post so that I didn't have to respond to 100 messages about where we will be this season! :) So here goes...

WE ARE BACK!!!! We are heading back to our previous team. We spent this past season with Lietkabelis in Lithuania. If you have followed along with the blog this year you would know that it was an amazing season for Zo, his team, and the organization. Prior to this past season we were in Germany and when we made that transition to Lithuania it was about heading to a higher level of competition for Zo. This happened. Good happened. Basketball was FIERCE this past year.

Also, if you have been following along you will remember the struggles. I struggled as a wife and mom because of our location. The country does not have much diversity in culture and people, and Logan did not have a school (we were used to this in Germany and in the states). I felt like I wasn't at my best, I wasn't giving Logan my best, and I was feeling secluded. These thoughts haven't changed going into next season...but God is funny like that, and my ATTITUDE has.

So here is the deal...

1. Basketball is #1 right now. It will only be this way for a few more years and it is extremely important for Zo to continue to grow, thrive, and showcase what he loves (and is pretty darn good at).

2. We are going back to an organization that TRULY wants Zo there. We turned down lots of teams this summer, we knew with a distinct NO God was saying this isn't for you. Several offers were great! They were in large cities, they had great schools, they had great weather, and one of my favorite offers was on a beach in France! :) But with each offer, there were also big basketball setbacks that could potentially put Zo in a position to not do well.

3. If it ain't broke don't fix it! Ever heard that saying? Zo's team was successful, they played well together and got along, the chemistry was good, and they had many triumphs as a team. There is not much of a reason to change that or to think that it won't be just as good as last year. The team is playing in the same international competition (Euro Cup) and the Lithuanian league.

So we decided to go back.

When the end of last season came, I was SURE there was not a possibility to return. It's a business and we just weren't confident in all the logistics. I also thought for sure there was no way that I could handle another winter in Lithuania and that poor Logan couldn't either. We thought things wouldn't go back to the same because the coach left as well as some other players. We just didn't see this team as an option again. But we were wrong.

I was wrong.

It will be difficult to return to the cold winters, the loneliness and busy travel with Zo's schedule, the lack of Americans on the team and in the area, Logan not having his school or social interaction like we want for him, and for the lack of items in the grocery stores :).

But you know what we ARE returning to?

A WINNING team, a crazy fan base that was amazing last year, families that took us into their homes, friends that break all the language barriers with smiles, a financial gain, a spot and chance at Euro Cup competition again, friends that are just an hour or two away, a great homeschool program for Logan I will be using (I mean...sometimes I forget I was a teacher before I was a mama bear), time with my family, and lots of trips away--Spain & Germany are already planned.

Our lives are basketball. I knew this the day I saw my handsome husband at Rice University. Our life revolves around basketball. I knew this in 2014 when life was tough and he was set on not giving up the game after injury and set back.

Ephesians 5:22-33
22 Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her; 26 that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she should be holy and blameless. 28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; 29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, 30 because we are members of His body. 31 For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh. 32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each individual among you also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see to it that she respect her husband.

The bottom line is that basketball is Zo's job and he works incredibly hard to be the best, the strongest, and by gosh the most humble. He does EVERYTHING for his family. He works so hard to give Logan and I everything we need and want. HE WORKS HARD. He doesn't ask for anything, he doesn't spend money on himself, and he would give anything to help a friend. 

Zo asked me what I wanted, logistics or comfortability and I chose logistics. 

So I submit. More than I ever have in our marraige. I submit to the will of our Savior and the decision that we prayed for. I submit to the uncomfortable, the unknown, the scary. Because God makes no mistakes, He leads every single step, and if we ask for exceedingly, abundantly, and above our imagination, He will do. And HE has, and we are grateful. Another incredible opportunity and season for Zo to shine when the lights are on, another opportunity for Logan and I to bond, to create memories, and to grow together. Another year to travel this incredible world God has created and create more moments with my little tribe. Another year for me to grow individually and spiritually and for me to have more time for my health and fitness business to bloom. 

So cheers to another great season! and we can't wait to return to Panevezys! Let's go Lietkabelis!!

xo,
Morgan 





1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Can't wait to follow your journey! Safe travels and good luck on the upcoming season!!

    ReplyDelete